Alumni Resume Book
- Commercial mortgage origination, structuring, work-outs, and CMBS. Commercial real estate asset management. Key senior relationships with CRE departments of financial institutions, developers, opportunity funds, REITs, and other owner/operators of commercial real estate
WHARTON SCHOOL - UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Philadelphia, PA · 1985-1988
BS - Economics; Finance
Waltham, MA · 1984-1985
- Transferred to Wharton after Freshman year
New York, NY · January 2008 May 2009
Managing Director, Asset Management & Restructuring
- Lead five person team responsible for asset and risk management of $10 billion commercial real estate credit facility portfolio. Completed significant restructures - mostly of commercial mezzanine repurchase facilities. Reduced via syndication and payoff over $4 billion of subscription lines to major opportunity funds
New York, NY · July 2002 December 2007
Executive Director, Institutional CMBS & Balance Sheet Lending
- Originated, underwrote, structured, and securitized/syndicated commercial real estate financing products including mortgage mezzanine, LBO, and preferred equity loans. Completed over $5.7Bn of lending transactions to franchise and first time borrowers. Clients included major opportunity funds, REITs, and other institutional borrowers.
Sydney, Australia · April 2000 June 2002
Vice President, International Securitization
- Founded firm\'s domestic securitization business in Australia & New Zealand. Spearheaded research and business planning for prospective domestic commercial real estate lending platform. Advised domestic financial institutions on cross-border securitization transactions.
New York, NY · May 1997 March 2000
Vice President, CMBS Conduit & Finance Group
- Purchased and securitized financial institution-originated first mortgages. Advised financial institutions seeking agented CMBS underwriting and distribution services.
MUTUAL OF NEW YORK
New York, NY · July 1993 April 1997
Vice President, Equity & Debt Asset Management
- Lead team that worked-out, restructured and managed large commercial mortgage portfolio in the Northeast. Senior asset manager for large commercial office and industrial portfolio in the Northeast
Club Membership: Undergrad
- Asset Management
- Investment Banking
20-year veteran of the commercial real estate business - primarily centered around principal activities. Strong industry relationships within most sectors including institutional owner/operator, lending, and financial intermediaries. Targeting both senior full-time and consulting roles with investment platforms that plan to deploy new capital and/or need loan work-out/restructuring capability.