Alumni Resume Book
Bruce P. Habig · MBA · Masters '86
Personal Contact Information
Managing Director - Head of Real Estate Finance
BBVA Securities Inc.
1345 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10105
Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA · 1984 - 1986
MBA · Finance, Real Estate
Indiana University School of Business
Bloomington, IN · 1981
BS · Accounting
New York, NY · 2015 - 2020
- Led and managed a banking team for client coverage and loan origination of commercial real estate loans, including structured floating rate loans, mezzanine debt and CMBS. Developed and managed client relationships with public and private real estate owners, mortgage brokers, and institutional investment advisors. Managed all aspects of the loan origination process including identifying, structuring, underwriting, negotiation, and closing.
• Expanded the firm’s client relationships with institutional investors, investment managers and mortgage bankers. Completed transactions with over 50 new borrower relationships to the firm.
• Completed in excess of $3.5 Billion of financing transactions
New York, NY · 2013 - 2015
- Developed and managed client relationships for delivery of capital advisory services and activities to real estate owners and operators.
• Arranged debt and equity capital for real estate owners and investors.
• Structured and negotiated financing and JV equity terms with institutional lenders and investors
New York, NY · 2004 - 2011
- Senior client relationship manager and large loan originator of structured real estate loans. Developed and managed client relationships with private equity firms, institutional investment advisors, REITs, and private operators.
• Originated, structured and closed loans for portfolio investment and for sale through CMBS, syndication, or private placement. Completed in excess of $3 Billion structured debt positions including whole loans, mezzanine loans, B-notes, and preferred equity.
• Established and nurtured relationships with public and private clients including developers, private equity investment sponsors, institutional investment managers, and mortgage brokers.
• Managed existing loan and REO portfolio (2009 – 2011). Negotiated loan modifications and extensions for underperforming loans, and exercise of remedies where necessary or appropriate.
New York, NY · 1988 - 2002
Director - Real Estate Investment Bank
- Responsible for delivering a wide variety of the firm’s investment banking services and products to public and private real estate clients. Generated annual firm revenues from lending, underwriting, M&A, and financial advisory activities. Proven performance across a wide variety of transactions and maintaining accountability over loan portfolio.
• Maintained primary coverage responsibility for REITs, financial sponsors and opportunity funds, corporations, and institutional clients for the origination and execution of common and preferred equity, M&A and structured debt transactions.
• Originated, negotiated, structured and closed a wide range of CRE loans for syndication and CMBS. Originated highly structured mortgage and mezzanine loans on behalf of the firm’s mezzanine debt fund.
• Completed over $6 billion debt and equity capital markets activity for the firm’s balance sheet and for distribution in the debt and equity capital markets.
- Real Estate Finance
- Investment Banking
Regions of Interest
Return to Full Resume Book