Alumni Resume Book
Laure Wassen · School of Design · Masters '20
Personal Contact Information
(914) 356-6289 (phone)
University of Pennsylvania, Stuart Weitzmann School of Design
Philadelphia · 2020
Master in City and Regional Planning · City and Regional Planning
- Pursuing a Masters degree in City and Regional Planning at the University of Pennsylvania. Program concentration - Community and Economic Development.
TA for Intro to GIS (Fall 2019)
TA for Planning Workshop Class (Spring 2019)
Assistant for the City and Regional Planning School Office (Fall 2018, Spring 2019)
Other Leadership experience:
Penn Student Women in Real Estate (PSWiRE), VP-Socia (2019-2020)
Weitzmann Real Estate Club Co-President (2019-2020)
Penn Design Real Estate Club VP-Communications (2018-2019)
Montreal, Canada · 2015
Bachelor of Science · Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences and Economics
Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
Philadelphia, PA · September 2019-present
Long Range Planning Intern
- Financial analysis for long-range transportation projects
Scenario Planning for Delaware Valley Region for 2050
Institut Paris Region
Paris, France · May 2019- August 2019
- Researched, wrote, and published a "Note Rapide" for the Institute on the economic situation of the Paris Region; "Paris Region 2025: Acceleration of Economic Transformations"
Reviewed documentation aimed at international real estate investors for the 2020 MIPIM (International Real Estate Convention held in Cannes) including paper maps and the 2019 Key Figures for Paris Region
White Plains, NY and NYC · 2017-2019
Urban Planner II
- Performed town planner functions for Town of Dover, NY, (as AKRF, Inc.), which included reviews of site plans/applications, and project explanations at Planning Board meetings.
Drafted chapters (writing and research) for environmental impact statements (including, but not limited to open space, socioeconomics, land use zoning and public policy, construction, etc.) pursuant to State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) regulations.
Assisted field recognition work for natural resources (tree inventories/wetland surveys).
Managed small planning projects for the White Plains office.
White Plains, NY and NYC · 2015-2017
Urban Planner and Environmental Scientist I
- Worked for both the Planning and Hazmat Department within AKRF.
Wrote first drafts of EIS chapters for various SEQR projects
Wrote first drafts of socioeconomic chapters for various CEQRA projects
Helped in managing some of the projects
Food and Agriculture Organization
Rome, Italy · May 2014- July 2014
Intern for the Global Soil Partnership
- Worked for the Land and Water Management department (NRL) for the Global Soil Partnership.
Drafted research articles on soil management, nutrition, and food security.
Drafted communications packages (i.e. newsletters, emails, etc.).
Updated the FAO's soils website with new information using TYPO3 software.
Aided the organization of the 2014 Global Soil Partnership Plenary Assembly.
- Real Estate Finance
Regions of Interest
- Northeast USA
- Northeast USA: Boston Metropolitan Area
- Northeast USA: New York Metropolitan Area
- Northeast USA: Philadelphia Metropolitan Area
download resume pdf
Return to Full Resume Book