Alumni Resume Book
Balint Simsik · MBA · Masters '15
Corporate Contact Information
2031 Locust St. Apt 504
Philadelphia, PA 19103
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA · 2013-2015
MBA · Real Estate
- Member of Real Estate Club, Wharton Veterans Club and Wharton International Volunteer Program
- GMAT 760 (99th percentile); Attained Wharton First Year Honors (top 20%)
United States Military Academy
West Point, NY · 2001-2005
BS · Operations Research
- Deans List (8/8 Semesters)
- Aviation Branch Selectee
Schultze Asset Management
Purchase, NY · 11/2014-5/2015
Investment Associate (Part-time)
- Conduct analysis and due diligence on potential acquisitions and dispositions, prepare and give presentations on investment opportunities and assist in asset management by conducting property inspections.
Boston Consulting Group
Atlanta, GA · 6/2014-8/2014
- Conducted delayering for an industrial manufacturing clients IT department; performed benchmarking analysis to assess client positioning, developed an employee survey and created an excel tool to analyze delayering progress.
- Performed customer segmentation for clients commercial division; mapped customer demand using client and market data.
Honduras · 2011-2012
- Led an organization of 29 aviators conducting humanitarian aid, disaster relief, and counter narcotics aviation operations throughout Central America; directly managed a company inventory in excess of $130 million, including six Chinook helicopters.
- Rated as the best Chinook company commander the supervisor has observed in his career and among the top 5% of all Captains the supervisor has served with in 20 years in the United States Army.
- Directed the safe execution of 900 flight hours, including 100 counter narcotics and general support air missions; improved regional stability and cohesion between U.S. and Central American partners.
Germany / Afghanistan · 2009-2011
Assistant Operations Officer
- Primary advisor to the commanding officer in an organization of 650 soldiers and 40 Army helicopters; managed, planned, and coordinated aviation operations in Afghanistan and Europe.
- Served as an Air Mission Commander and Pilot-in-Command of over 50 combat missions in Afghanistan resulting in the successful execution of direct action air assaults and the prolonged sustainment of coalition forces.
- Liaised with U.S., Spanish, Italian, and Afghan units to meet time sensitive mission requirements and implement an aviation mission support structure in Regional Command-West; resulted in the successful execution of 670 air missions.
Germany / Iraq · 2006-2009
Platoon Leader / Assistant Operations Officer
- Leader of a 24-person aviation platoon during combat operations in Iraq and training operations in Germany. Managed and coordinated the employment of five Chinook helicopters and associated equipment valued in excess of $100 million.
- Awarded the Bronze Star Medal for combat leadership. Rated by supervisor as a top 1% officer in the Army and as the top flight platoon leader (#1 of 8) in the battalion.
- Selected by the battalion commander over two peers as a detachment commander in Basra, Iraq; autonomously led 20 personnel and managed four helicopters for two months in support of the 2007 Surge campaign.
- Asset Management
Awards: Bronze Star Medal, Order of St. Michael, Air Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Afghanistan/Iraq Campaign Medal.
Language: Native Hungarian with basic German knowledge. Holds U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance.
Professional Memberships: Urban Land Institute, NAIOP (SF Chapter), Veterans of Foreign Wars
Interests: Avid runner; completed three marathons, two half-marathons, and numerous 10 milers and 5K runs.
Return to Full Resume Book