Alumni Resume Book
L. Jay Timon · School of Design · Masters '12
Corporate Contact Information
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA · 2010-2012
MS in Historic Preservation · Adaptive Reuse
- Focused studies in adaptive reuse and development incentives
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA · 1997-1998
MS in Real Estate Development · Retail & Mixed Use Development
- Focused studies on retail and urban mixed-use development.
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu, HI · 1993-1997
MBA · Real Estate & Finance
- Dean Leadership Award
- President of the Graduate Business Students Association
Riverwood Ventures, Inc.
Jensen Beach, FL and Reno, NV · 2007-Present
- Provide consulting services related to real estate development, real estate financing, and business planning.
- Served as fee developer for the 85-acre Riverwood project in Douglas County, Nevada.
- Secured a Development Agreement with Douglas County for water rights, entitlements, and a $1.8 million financial contribution from the County for infrastructure to be installed by Riverwood.
- Closed the sale of the 21.4-acre casino parcel within Riverwood property for $7.4 million.
- Negotiated a ground lease & supporting documents with Kohls Department Store (Kohls) for Riverwood project.
- Negotiated a Cost Sharing Agreement and Reciprocal Easement Agreement with Kohls for Riverwood project.
- Negotiated the construction contract for the initial mass grading of the Phase I Retail Area of Riverwood project.
Riverwood Properties, LLC
Reno, NV · 2006-2012
- Secured a $24.7 Million Owner Participation Agreement with Douglas County Redevelopment Agency.
- Negotiated and closed on the purchase of two highway frontage parcels totaling 7.3 acres.
- Negotiated joint venture agreements for the Riverwood project.
AIG Baker Shopping Center Properties, Inc.
Birmingham, AL · 1999-2005
- Closed four ground-up shopping center deals totaling 1,107,000 s.f. of gross leasable area with total value of $180+ million.
- Negotiated $4.2 million in assistance from governmental entities.
- Identified ground-up retail development sites and negotiated the business points of the purchase agreements with landowners.
- Created project pro forma budgets.
- Managed site planning, due diligence, and entitlement processes.
- Solicited anchor tenants for development projects.
- Negotiated anchor tenant Letters of Intent and lease business terms.
- Projects Developed:
- Sand Creek Crossing Brentwood, CA (258,000 s.f.)
- Land Closing 6-22-01, Center Opened 9-4-02, Sold 6-30-03
- Sold for $49.5 million
- Major tenants: Raleys Supermarket, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Party City, and Ross Dress for Less.
- Grand Mesa Center Grand Junction, CO (202,000 s.f.)
- Land Closing: 7-12-01, Center Opened 6-15-02, Sold 7-25-03
- Sold for $27.5 million (including outparcels)
- Major tenants: Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross Dress for Less, Old Navy, Michaels, Pet-Co and Sportsmans Warehouse
- Carson Valley Plaza Carson Valley, NV (305,000 s.f.)
- Land Closing 12-02-02, Center Opened 9-19-03, Sold 8-25-04
- Sold for $56.2 million.
- Major tenants: Best Buy, Marshalls, Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus-World Market, Michaels, and Pet-Co.
- Sparks Crossing-Sparks, NV (342,000 s.f.)
- Land Closing: 1-12-04, Center Opened 8-15-06
- Estimated Development Cost: $56 million
- Major Anchors- Best Buy, Michaels Arts & Crafts, Cost Plus-World Market, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross Dress for Less, Old Navy, Office Max and Ulta.
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu, HI · 1993-1997
Business & Real Estate Consultant
- Provided business planning and real estate consulting services on a part-time basis while pursuing a M.B.A. degree.
- Clients included:
- Creative Tile & Marble, Vero Beach, FL (Strategic Business Plan)
- Pohnpei Waste Management, Pohnpei, Federated State of Micronesia (Strategic Business Plan)
- State of Hawaii, Hamakua Sugar Project (Co-taught Business Planning Course and assisted participants in creating business plans).
Stuart, FL · 1983-1992
Vice President of Contractor Sales
- Vice President-Contractor Sales (1986-1992)
- Managed contractor outside sales team
- Increased contractor outside sales division revenues from $1.2 million to over $5 million from 1986 to 1989.
- Led the expansion of the companys millwork division to include custom hardwood doors and molding to serve high-end master-planned community customers.
- Contract Sales Representative (1983-1986)
- Served as contractor sales representative to master planned communities in Treasure Coast Region (Martin Downs, Jonathons Landing, Frenchmans Creek, Harbor Ridge, Mariner Sands, and Admirals Cove).
- Building Contractor Qualifier (1984-Present)
- Serve as one of the companys building contractor license qualifiers.
- Special Projects Assistant (Summers and Part-Time 1976-1982)
- Undertook entitlement and permit processing for owners real estate development projects.
- Served as project management assistant on owners building construction projects.
- Conducted due diligence research on land parcels.
Regions of Interest
- California, West Coast
- California, West Coast: San Francisco Metropolitan Area
- Mid-Atlantic USA
- Mid-Atlantic USA: Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- Mid-Atlantic USA: Washington Metropolitan Area
- Mid-West USA
- Mid-West USA: Chicago Metropolitan Area
- Northeast USA
- Northeast USA: Boston Metropolitan Area
- Northeast USA: New York Metropolitan Area
- Northeast USA: Philadelphia Metropolitan Area
- Northwest USA
- Southeast USA
- Southwest USA
- West Coast USA
Florida State Certified Building Contractor (CBC-25081) since 1984.
M.I.T. Annual Fund Board 2005-2008
M.I.T. Center for Real Estate: Guest Presentations on Retail Development
Member of the Krewe of Bacchus, New Orleans, LA since 1985
Return to Full Resume Book